Today online shopping is common any people around the world. Finding advantages and disadvantages of online shopping at same time is difficult task. Internet has totally changed the way we do our shopping and this has promoted online shopping in recent years. Online stores do not have space constraints and a wide variety of products on websites. It helps the analytical buyers to purchase a product after a good search.
Below the list of advantages and disadvantages of online shopping
Advantages of online shopping:
1. convenience of online shopping:
Customers can purchase items from the comfort of their own homes or workplace. Internet make shopping easier and convenient to customer.It is also easy to cancel the transactions.
2. No pressure
Generally, in physical stores, the sales representatives try to influence the buyers to buy the product. While in online shopping, you’re free to do as you will.
3. Time Saving:
There is a wide range of products online. The sellers display all the stuff . This enables the customer to choose from a variety of models after comparing the finish, features, and price of the products on displayed.
5. Availability :
Online Mall are open on 365 x 24 x 7. So, time does not act as a barrier. So you can shopping at any time.
06. Tracking Package:
After placing order you can track the order status and delivery status tracking of shipping is also available. This make online shopping to more useful for its customer.
07. Money Saving:
To attract customers to shop online, e-retailers and marketers offer discounts to the customers. As they have cut down on real estate and maintenance cost the sellers won’t back out in giving huge discount. Sometimes offer packages also available in online stores.
Other advantages of online shopping are:
- No need to visit any mall, just click and add stuff to your shopping cart any time.
- No need to plan or visit a particular mall.
- Scroll down various options at one time.
- Never Crowded at all. No distractions, only shopping
- Customer save on gas.
- There are no parking hassles .
- Many online retailers allow their customer to post reviews about the products that they purchased.
Disadvantages Of Online shopping:
Delay in delivery
Long duration and lack of proper inventory management result in delays in shipment. Though the duration of selecting, buying and paying for an online product may not take more than 15 minutes; the delivery of the product to customer’ s doorstep takes about 1-3 weeks.
Lack of Significant discount:
Physical stores claim to give significant discounts when compared to online stores. This is a huge disadvantage for the older generation.
Lack of shopping experience:
The traditional shopping exercise provides a lot of fun in the form of showroom atmosphere smart sales attendants, and sounds that cannot be experienced through a website. Consumers look forward to it as an opportunity to go out and shop. Its consider as a disadvantage of online shopping.
Fraud in online shopping:
Sometimes, there is a disappearance of the shopping site itself. Online payments are not much secured. The rate of cyber crimes has been increasing.
Other disadvantages of online shopping are:
- Over spending many times.
- It is tempting and we spend loads of time on online shopping.
- Quality of products are not assured many times.
- Problems with refund policy on many sites.
- Delays in delivery & also product is not delivered at many places.
- The Real Hidden Costs- Shipping charges pinches many time.